Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What we're looking forward to by Andrea

“What is the one thing you are most looking forward to?”

I’ve been thinking about that a lot over the last few weeks. There’s so much to do, and plan, and consider for wedding day…I really just want to be done with all this logistical stuff and get to the party. But the wedding is day one of the rest of our lives together, and I can honestly say that I’m mostly looking forward to just being with my husband. Dinner for two by candlelight, watching movies, grocery shopping together, watching HGTV and Food Network on Saturday mornings, going to Mass on Sundays, playing video games together (or me watching Dre play video games)...you know, all the stuff we already do, but as an official little family of two.

When I asked Dre, he told me the number one thing he’s looking forward to is me having his last name. His grandma actually told me that same thing last week; that Dre is excited about the last name. Their family is pretty small, and with various marriages and remarriages and whatnot, there are very few people left with the family name.

So eventually when we’re ready to add to our little family of two, we’ll be starting our own branch of the family tree and carrying on the last name. Now that’s really something to look forward to and get excited about! Andrea

No comments: