We've decided that it makes more sense to have our guests stay at a hotel closer to where we live vs. staying close to the church which is 30 minutes away. The only activity happening near the church is on wedding day...all the other fun is in our hometown. So we found out that a brand new hotel is being built 5 minutes from my parents' house, and it's close to the highway too.
I spoke to the sales manager a few weeks ago, and he sounded VERY enthusiastic about giving us a tour sometime in the first week of April when the construction was scheduled to be complete. Today I called him to see if he was available to show us the rooms, and now he's saying they won't have their certificate of occupancy for another 2 weeks...so unless we want to wear hard hats and sign accident waivers, we have to wait until April 20th.
I'm a little nervous because we have lots of out of towners who will need to start making travel arrangements soon, and the hotel doesn't even have a paved parking lot. I'm trusting that this is just a minor delay, and that the hotel will be open by the end of the month, and all the issues will be worked out before September. Cuz we don't have enough space (or sleeping bags) for our guests to sleep on our living room floor. Andrea