Friday, March 20, 2009

Shower worries by Kelly

For as much as I want attention, I sure hate to be the center of attention. Just the thought of people sitting around looking at me sends me in to panic mode. One of the worst things in the world is watching people open presents. Ok, one of the worst things in the world is when people watch me open presents. I feel so awkward. Because even if I genuinely love the present, my smile and thank you comes out so phoney. I am just an awkward person.

I went to my cousin Ashley,s bridal shower last Sunday. It was great. I haven't been to a shower in quite some time so I wasn't sure what to expect. I thought it would be a good trial so I could know how to act when it is my turn. Well all it did was make me even more worried! I don't think she could have been more gracious while opening gifts. Her thank yous sounded so sincere and the smile seemed real.

My shower is Saturday. I am so excited/terrified for it. I hope people don't get offended by the ridiculously awkward faces I know I'm going to be making. I will also use the phrase "Oh yay!!!" way too many times.

How did she do it?? I wonder if inside she was terrified. Or maybe she practiced. I spent years in front of a mirror perfecting my smile. I probably should have practiced gift opening etiquette. Kelly

No comments: