Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ready for the Party by Andrea

Everyone keeps telling us to "enjoy the moment" and "savor all the little details" while planning our wedding. But for some reason we just see this as the biggest most expensive party we'll ever have...and we're ready for the cake and dancing. I know I only get to do this once. I know I should be taking mental (and digital) pictures of everything to capture the experience. I know I should be taking full advantage of all the bridal events and promotions because I'll only get to be a bride one time. But when I think about it, I really just want cake. I'm not excited about the flowers, the makeup and the dress. Well, I am...but that's just the celebration for one day...I'm really excited about married life!

I'm looking forward to all the fun we'll have when we're married. Cooking dinner together, staying up late watching movies in our pajamas, you know...all that cute fun couple stuff that we do already, except we won't be two single people; we'll be a family of two. That's the important part. The wedding isn't the goal, it's just a big party to kick off our new lives with a bang. So anyway, I think my point was that I want cake now and September is a long time to wait for baked goods. Andrea

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Woohooo party on baby. Sendin u love:)"