Friday, July 25, 2008

Kelly: Changing Names

I was instructed to write a blog about changing last names. I am definitely changing mine. The end.

It's never even occurred to me to keep my own last name. My mom and aunts hyphenated their last names. That's cool too. It's just not for me. I want my man to completely own me and I want to lose my own identity. That's ridiculous. It's not like my name is changing to "my name isn't important only Jake's is." It's just a last name.

I went to this name combining website once to see what kinds of last names it could come up with for the two of us. Because its not bad enough that just one person changes their name, now two can do it and make it even more complicated for the rest of their lives. One of the answers it gave me was Warty. I do not want to be called Kelly Warty ever. So guess I'm going to be a Wambold. Besides, if I did become Kelly Hagerty-Wambold, no one would ever call me that. They'd just call me Kelly Wambold. Then I'd have to correct them. I'm too lazy to waste my breath correcting people about something that I really dont care about. I also just remembered my mom said not to give out my last name. Well, I'm pretty sure if anyone ever wanted to find me, it's not too hard to figure out who my mom is. Then you could figure out my last name. Well maybe not since she's got one of those hyphenated names. Kelly

No comments: