Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Our First Anniversary: Andrea

Our first anniversary was August 9th. I’m not sure how our perception of time got skewed, but this year has gone by so fast…yet so slowly. When we met at our friend’s wedding last August, I had no idea that we’d be where we are today. All I knew was that something told me to hold on to him. That “something” was definitely God. I’m just as sure today as I was when we first started dating that he is the one for me. I feel like I’ve known him for years already, yet I can remember all the little details about the 1st week we met as if it were just yesterday.

Mom and Dad hosted a couples’ luau where we announced our engagement to all their friends. Then just this past week we announced it to his family visiting from California. Obviously everyone wants to know how he proposed. But since there’s no ring and no “official” story, I had to seriously stop and think about when exactly we knew we wanted to be married. When I look back on the past year and all the things we’ve been through together, I realize that he actually proposed 5 days after we met when he asked me to be his girlfriend. We both knew in our hearts that this was it. It didn’t matter that we hadn’t even known each other a week. Time is irrelevant when you’re working on God’s clock.

So for the last year we’ve been getting to know each other better to be ready for marriage…but even as virtual strangers we knew we were meant to be together. Not intelligent logical knowledge… It was soul knowledge. That’s why I brought him home to meet my parents after the first date. Some said we were rushing things, but God’s time is fluid, so we didn’t really care what people thought. We are blessed. Andrea

No comments: