Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hiccups and Chopsticks from Andrea

Monday night while we were power shopping for groceries, I randomly got the hiccups. Dre found this EXTREMELY amusing, and said I sounded like I'd swallowed Alvin and all the Chipmunks. Which made me think, "this is what my hiccups always sound like... what's so funny?" But then I realized that we've only known each other for a little over a year, and this was the first time he's ever heard me hiccup. Come to think of it, I've never heard him hiccup either.

Last month we went out to a Pan-Asian restaurant with my friend, her husband, and my parents. That's when I learned that Dre has thoroughly mastered the art of eating with chopsticks....which was quite impressive to someone like me who always gives up after a few dropped sushi rolls and resorts back to the trusty fork. Yeah, we've ordered Chinese several times in the last year, but that was the first time eating Chinese at a restaurant.

So even though I feel like I've known him my whole life, there are always those hiccups and chopsticks to remind me that we still have so much more to learn about each other. Forever is a long time, so I'm sure we'll discover plenty of new quirks and talents over the years. Andrea

No comments: