Friday, September 12, 2008

Golden Wedding by Kelly

Last Sunday was the Golden Wedding mass. It was for couples who have been married for 50 years. This was the 8th year I've worked it. I am always in charge of making sure there is enough toilet paper and getting people's families out of the church before the mass starts.

Obviously two very important jobs. This year was very easy thankfully to a very helpful janitor and due to the fact that everyone besides one person knew that family couldn't be in the church. After politely asking her to use another bathroom she not so politely screamed in my face.

Its ok. I can take it. I get yelled at every once in awhile at work* (*Kelly is a bartender). Usually from some idiot person who decides paying $6 for a beer is insane. I've learned there's nothing people hate more when they're mad is to have me listen to them politely with a smile on my face.

So besides that very mature woman, the day went perfectly. All of the couples renewed their vows. They're all so cute. People were dressed in tuxes and super fancy dresses. Then I served them cookies and probably ate more cookies than all of them combined.

I can't wait until I'm 77 and can be at the Golden Wedding Mass. I hope they let me take a break from working so I can renew my vows. I also can't wait until I'm 127 so I can be at the....platinum wedding? I'm assuming by then we will be living much longer.

Poor Jake. He probably doesn't realize he's stuck with me for a loooooong time. Kelly

No comments: