Monday, August 23, 2010

Meet our new blogger: Kathleen of Kathleen and Chris!

 Kathleen filled out her info sheet. We're waiting for Chris to fill out his. While we wait, meet Kathleen.
Name: Kathleen
Age: 22
Employed By: Assumption Guadalupe Catholic School- I'm the 7th grade homeroom teacher, as well as 5-8 science and 5/6 religion.
Ethnic Background: Irish
Place in family: 2nd of 4
School: Graduated from Creighton University (in Omaha) in Jan. 2010
Religion: Catholic
Wedding Date: July 16, 2011
How did you meet? We actually met through my sister Mary Beth, who was a year ahead of me at Creighton, and Chris' friend Jordan. I was at Jordan's apartment with MB, and Chris and his roommates came over (they hadn't been able to find a way home from a party they went to, so they got the brillant idea to run 2 miles back. In December. In a snowstorm.) Chris was being shy and hanging out in the kitchen- I took pity on him and went over to talk. (He tells this part of the story differently but my version is true)
How did he propose? We went to a lake that we like to go walking around, and he popped the question there. I was SUPER shocked (so shocked, in fact, that I forgot to answer for awhile- oops) because there was no place for him to hide a ring- I had already checked. He was wearing shorts without pockets, so I assumed he wasn't doing it then because there was no place for him to hide the ring. Turns out he had wrapped it in plastic and duct taped it to his side so I wouldn't find it. Somehow, while we were talking he managed to rip off the duct tape and pull out the ring.
What are you afraid of? I'm not really sure yet. Just standing up there in front of all those people sounds very daunting. I'm pretty sure we're going to end up inviting the entire state of both Nebraska and Illinois, so that'll be a lot of people to potentially trip in front of.
Other: I grew up in Naperville, IL, and then went to college in Omaha- Chris is a Papillion (a suburb of Omaha) native. Right now we're both living and working in Omaha. We're going to get married here in Omaha, at Assumption- the church connected to where I teach at.   Kathleen

No comments: