Monday, June 29, 2009

"The Hiiiiiiiiiiills are Aliiiive...with the Sound of Muuuuuusic" by Andrea

Sorry... I've been in a strange musical theater mood today. Anyway, last night Dre and I had a meeting with the music director at our church to discuss the wedding music program. I was so excited to finally get something solid on paper versus the half-baked ideas floating around in my head. Dre, on the other hand, was a little less engaged in the process, and eventually uttered the man-phrase "Whatever you want, sweetie." which roughly translates to "I really don't care because [insert girly wedding related activity] is of little or no interest to me and my manly lack of detail orientation, so please just pick something that makes you happy so we can leave and get some [insert food/drink]." This same man-phrase was also used when we looked at flowers a few months ago. I'm not offended by it though...Dre tends to be quite agreeable unless he absolutely hates something. So I'd rather get the official green light to pick whatever I want, rather than pick a bunch of stuff and find out later that he hates it all.

Overall, I think the meeting was very productive, and we can both envision our big day a little more clearly. Music is such a huge part of the mass at our church, so hopefully all our guests will get a little taste of the musical flavor we enjoy every Sunday. Guaranteed good times :)
Andrea

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hi, Andrea!

I just saw your interview in the "Christ is our Hope" magazine that we receive from the Diocese of Joliet. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I have to ask, did Andre go to St. Rita High School? I was a Spanish teacher there, and though I never taught him, I remember him. If it's not the same Andre Senegal, then he has a twin with the same name! :) Also, I believe it was your father(Andrew) who trained me to be a Foccus facilitator back in March. What an inspirational person! I wish both you and Andre the very best and will keep you in my prayers. I happened to notice that your most recent post was written on my wedding anniversary (6/29). What a glorious day that was! And what a beautiful thing marriage is. Soon you will know just what I mean.

God Bless,
Lisa (O'Connor) Plichta

P.S. Andre would know me as "Ms. O'Connor". Tell him hello for me. If there's any way I can assist you, my e-mail is lisa.plichta@yahoo.com