Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Withdrawals by Andrea


For Christmas, my grandma got me the coolest coffee/tea/hot cocoa machine EVER. It's one of those uber modern single-cup brewers with a menagerie of flavor options that come in these cool little pods that you can order online. I am in love! So for the last couple weeks while I've been spending a lot of time at the condo, I've been sufficiently caffeinated and overly hydrated...hey, I had to make sure it works. But this entire week I will be staying at home (mom & dad's)and I'm already going through withdrawls. Not so much from lack of caffeine, but just the comfort of knowing that my fabulous hot beverage miracle machine is sitting at the condo...lonely and unused. Dre isn't a coffee/tea drinker. He'll occasionally have a cup of hot cocoa, but he's just as happy with Swiss Miss or Ovaltine as he is with the fancy expensive double chocolate Godiva gourmet mix that I bought especially for the new machine. So now I'm sitting at my parents' house staring at their complicated grind 'n' brew contraption, confused and thirsty.I miss my Keurig...and my memory foam mattress. I guess this is what happens when you start nesting before you actually live there full time. Le sigh.... Andrea

No comments: