Thursday, August 21, 2008

Andrea on Fireproof

Fireproof

Dre and I went to a free screening of the film "Fireproof" on Tuesday. Wow. That’s all I can say….just wow. This movie made me laugh, cry (literally), and inspired me.

Fireproof is a blatantly Christian movie about the reality of marriage; the good, the bad and the ugly. I honestly feel like we got a sneak peak into the future….or got a copy of the teacher’s answer book the day before the big test. I feel so prepared now, and I wonder how many other engaged couples feel the same way after seeing this movie. I’m comforted and encouraged by this movie. No, married life won’t be perfect, but no matter how bad things seem, God’s love can pull you out of the mess.

I don’t want to tell too much about the plot, so all I’ll say for now is JUST GO SEE IT! It hits theaters on September 26.

Oh, and we were the only engaged couple in the audience… so we got free t-shirts that say "I Heart My Marriage" on the front. We’ll definitely be wearing those on the honeymoon. Andrea

No comments: